IonCUDOS – Outcome Based Education Software
National Board of Accreditation (NBA), India became the permanent signatory member of the Washington Accord on 13th June 2014 and laid down a set of specific guidelines for the institutes in India to achieve Outcome Based Education (OBE). This involves framing cohesive Program Education Objectives (PEOs), Program Outcomes (POs), Course Outcomes (COs), and ensuring assessment and attainment of these outcomes. Institutions adopting and implementing OBE through manual processes typically face the following challenges:
- Involving all the faculties in appropriate roles
- Faculty time and resources involved in documentation
- Non-uniform process practiced in establishing curricula and calculation of attainments at various outcome levels
- Inadequacy of mapping between CO and PO
- Overwhelming volume of data across batches
- Complex data analysis to isolate problem areas
- Generating the Self-Assessment Report (SAR) in a timely manner
An innovative software platform, IonCUDOS is designed to address all the above issues.
Curriculum management system of IonCUDOS
Mainly focuses on curriculum design enabling faculties to create appropriate lesson plan, frame COs and mapping COs to POs and frame question banks. The curriculum delivery and assessment methods followed by the institutions will be intact and the software platform is compatible with all the delivery and assessment methods followed by the institutions and generates reports for students’ attainment, Course Outcome (CO) attainment, Program Outcome (PO) attainment and Program Education Objective (PEO).
IonCUDOS OBE platform helps institutionalizing OBE practices, achieving transparency, optimizing data inputs, standardizing computation of attainments, isolating areas for improvements, trends from large historical data from batches, and generating Self-Assessment Report (SAR) in a timely manner.
WHY IONCUDOS IS REQUIRED FOR AN INSTITUTION?
1. Process institutionalization
IonCUDOS software maintains the PEO, PO, CO and TLO and their respective mappings and attainment calculations of each and every program of the institute/university for every curriculum on per year basis.
2. Creation of NBA SAR report
IonCUDOS software generates NBA SAR report in a single click!
3. Assistance for data collation for SAR
- IonCUDOS platform helps in preparation of SAR by providing actual NBA template
- Provides standard content in administrative sections of SAR
- Provides complete OBE mappings and attainment analysis for SAR
- Provides feedback mechanism through surveys and publish the data in SAR
4. Continuous reviews and refinement
IonCUDOS platform provides freedom and scope for continuous review and refinement of PEO, PO, CO and TLO for every curriculum on per year basis. This saves lot of manual entry for facilities.
Benifits of IonCUDOS
A survey was conducted to measure the impact of IonCUDOS and was administered to 100 faculties of the institute. The survey was conducted two times i.e. before and after installation of IonCUDOS. The survey results revealed that IonCUDOS benefited the institute in the following areas:
- Efficiency: IonCUDOS helped in achieving the error free attainment calculations as it eliminates the manual calculation using spreadsheets.
- Speed: IonCUDOS generates various reports such as CO-PO, PO-PEO mappings, program articulation matrix, lesson plan, question paper analysis, various attainment reports, survey reports in a click of button. This saves lot of time for HOD and faculties. Hence eliminates the manual work.
- Productivity: IonCUDOS helps to increase the productivity of the faculties as the manual work is eliminated and data is stored and retrieved in a safe and secure manner. Faculties can focus effectively on their other responsibilities.
- Security: The data of the institution remains safe and secure in IonCUDOS as the software platform provides access to the various stakeholders in a level based, privilege based manner.
- Process Institutionalization: IonCUDOS helps the institution to achieve process institutionalization of common practices across different programs by bringing all of them under one umbrella.
A comparative analysis of benefits of using IonCUDOS is shown in table below
Table: Benefits of IonCUDOS to the institution